Tuesday, August 20, 2013

International Students

I received an necklace from a new friend, an International Chinese student. He told me the necklace represents our friendship and that he gave it to me for being his friend. 
I have been lucky to work International students getting ready for their first year at my school, Bishop O'Dowd. They have traveled from China and Europe to attend either a semester or a full year at O'Dowd. For many, it's the first time in the US.  I'm becoming friends with one of them. We have been talking to for a few days in person and through Facebook. He’s a bit shy and I’m still trying to get him to open up, but for the last couple of days, he and I have it it off.  He likes anime, I like anime-that’s all there is to say.

I guess I can show empathy right here in Oakland too! Here's a picture of the cool necklace he gave me and the box it came in. Did I mention he gave this to me in front of everyone??!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment